‘Flu Season has started
What can you do to stay healthy?
Every year we face a new strain of influenza virus and a barrage of information screaming “Get your ‘flu shot!” I have not had a flu shot ever and I used to get the ‘flu every year until I was about 30 years old. Then, something changed – ME!
I gave up sugar, sodas, and started really focusing on getting good foods into my body. I started getting adjusted regularly (thanks to a car accident) and doing massage regularly.
These changes continued for many years as I learned more about nutrition and took advanced classes in Clinical Nutrition and Functional Medicine. Every year I would make changes such as eliminating foods I was allergic to, drinking more water (less processed drinks), learning how to use “new” foods in my diet. Every change brought about better health and less colds/’flus and as I age I am less concerned about aging and more concerned with living a great life as I age.
You can be confident in your health too. The benefits are immense. The steps are small changes that you can make on your own.
Need some help? My website has a blog called “Purification Corner” that outlines small changes you can make each month (or whenever you are ready) to move your health toward natural balance which leads to better immune function, better digestion, more energy, less difficulty with weight loss, etc.
Many of the entries have recipes, but they all outline what you can do to help yourself, today.
1. Go to my blog and make small changes for better health
2. Wash your hands more often and thoroughly, counting to 30 while you scrub with soap.
3. Get 7-9 hours of sleep
4. If you feel your energy dropping, take supportive vitamins/minerals according to your doctor’s plan.
5. Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, wash your hands immediately, and try not to touch your face any other times.
6. The ‘flu vaccine is a personal choice, but remember the vaccine was only 24% effective in 2018 and it does stress your immune system upon exposure to this “attenuated virus.” Furthermore, certain groups attained better effectiveness due to a compromised immune system, so do your homework and make an informed decision. If you get the ‘flu, do everyone a huge favor and stay home, get rest and follow your doctor’s plan.
If you need more information, call the office to schedule a consultation.
Office number (407) 716-6553